In enterprise networks, transparent access to PBX features while using existing equipment is key to low-cost operations. Now, instead of installing a separate PBX at the remote office, the SmartNode 4110 is able to provide transparent extension while simultaneously connecting
multiple locations. The extensions can be managed centrally and benefit from PBX services such as calling groups, least cost routing, and call forwarding.
PSTN access allows local calls to be processed without using corporate remote PBX resources. Additionally, the corporate PBX can break-out and bypass any long distance charges by using the remote office for the local gateway.
- Ethernet Extension—Extend 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 10,000 feet (3 kilometers)—well beyond the 328-foot (100-meter) limitation—over a single twisted-pair, Cat 5e/6/7, or even coaxial cable.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair—Realize fiber-optic speeds without the expense—and hassle—of installing new cables or line-of-site wireless circuits.
- Plug and Play—Set these units up straight out of the box. No configuration is required. Auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet ports support full or half duplex operation.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported—Boasting downstream line rates up to 168 Mbps, the switch-selectable rate mode options optimize rate and reach for the noise environment, wire gauge/type and length.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Bypass network configuration requirements by transparently passing all higher layer protocols—including 802.1Q VLAN frames (tagged and untagged). Data-transmission mechanism is fully transparent to such IP video compression schemes as MPEG-4, H.264 and MJPEG.
- Made in the USA — This Patton equipment is designed by Patton engineers and built in our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility. Patton's American-made manufacturing process delivers high-quality networking solutions with reliability you can trust.